Bogavana does not share customer information, including email addresses, outside of Bogavana.
Even within Bogavana, we restrict access to your information to those in other areas of the company who do not need to know your information. Any third party companies that we use to provide you with products or services are required to keep your information safe and confidential.
The only times you will receive an email from Bogavana will have something to do with an order you placed, a query you made, and / or an occasional promotional email. You can choose not to receive our promotional emails at any time.
How do we protect your data?
Data transmissions over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, you understand that any information you transfer to us is done at your own risk. That said, once we receive your transmission, we have technical and organizational measures to help protect your data from loss, tampering, unauthorized access, etc. We continually adapt our security measures in accordance with technological progress and developments.
For card purchases, we work with an authorized payment agent who helps us directly verify with your bank that the card is valid for purchases. When you pay by card, we reserve the right to carry out an identity check.
Your account information:
You can access your personal account to update your personal data. However, please note that your personal account information is protected by your username and password. It is your responsibility to maintain the security of your username and password, as any action taken while connected to your account will be your responsibility.
All payments are made through a payment gateway that is responsible for processing the transaction applying the necessary security measures, such as the SSL security certificate. These platforms function as a virtual dataphone.
How do we use your data?
By providing your personal data, you agree that Bogavana uses the collected data to fulfill our commitments to you and provide you with the service you expect. We need your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create your personal Bogavana account (for example, your name and email address)
- To process your orders (for example, your name, address, date of birth and bank details)
- In order to send you marketing offers such as newsletters and our catalogs (for example, your email address, your name and your postal address)
- To be able to contact you in case of any problem with the delivery of your articles (for example, telephone number, address)
- To allow us to answer your questions and inform you of new or changed services (for example, your email address)
- To notify winners of promotions (for example, their email address, name, address, and phone number)
- Manage your account by carrying out credit checks (eg name, address, date of birth)
- To be able to analyze your personal data to provide you with relevant offers and marketing information (eg name, purchasing habits)
- In order to validate that you are of legal age to purchase online (eg date of birth).